Friday, October 1, 2010

WooHoo! I found a "new" thrift store!!

Just when I thought I'd discovered all the good thrifting spots in my area, I found a treasure trove in the next town over.  An entire basement filled to over-flowing with just the kind of stuff I love!  Here are a few of the goodies I uncovered yesterday...
Can you believe I procured this gorgeous aquamarine Doric and Pansy depressionware teacup and saucer for 75 cents??  It's in pristine condition.  How cool is that?

I was looking for old sheet music, and I hit the motherlode!  They had an entire rack of it, and for only 50 cents each.  The old medicine bottle with a ground glass stopper was $1.50, a good price, but twice what I paid for the depression teacup and saucer... go figure.  The lonely little glove didn't have a mate, so I got it for a quarter.  It will look great in a shadow box.

I found another old handbag for a frame/wall pocket, two hooks for the halltree I'm determined to build one day.  Still looking for the perfect door for it's base, though.


I just couldn't resist these old patterns, and at 50 cents each, I had no reason too.  And last, but certainly not least, I found this...

Bingo!!
The original box is in pretty rough shape, and held together with clear tape, but the game itself is in wonderful condition.  How much did I pay, you ask?  I had to take a deep breath to fork over the asking price... .80 cents!  All in all, it was a wonderful day for thrifting.  I wish you all the best of luck on your own thrifting ventures.  Just stay out of my territory...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great stuff, but the best is a new shopping venue close to home!

    ReplyDelete