Friday, August 27, 2010

Vintage Kitchen


This is just a few of the many vintage kitchen items I have collected over the years.  I love everything about them!  The homely shapes, well worn wooden handles, and bold colors...


Doesn't this potato masher just make you want to whip up a big bowlful of fluffy, REAL mashed potatoes?  I've had the fiesta salt and pepper shakers forever.  I started collecting fiesta right out of high school, because of a single green plate that my Mom had in the cupboard.  When I got married, I didn't register a china pattern like most girls.  I asked for fiestaware!


Who can resist bold orange, turquoise and yellow in the kitchen?  Not me!!  This old, battered pie plate makes me crave a blueberry pie, or a rhubarb cobbler.  I must admit that I prefer to use my electric mixer, but those old egg beaters were ingenius...


Old aluminum colanders come in such a wide variety of patterns.  I've seen stars and spots, bars and spirals, and they still do a fine job of draining your pasta.  When you hold these old wooden handles in your hand, you can almost feel the spirit of their former owners, lovingly preparing meals for their hungry families.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff!! I adore that potato masher!! I have an old dk blue & white speckled colander with the star pattern - just beautiful! I was very fortunate enough to inherit some great kitchen treasures from my husband's family, too bad I wasn't able to learn more of their personal history. TFS your goodies!

    PS - I also posted below, as well!

    God Bless & have a great day!

    ReplyDelete