Monday, August 30, 2010

August Vintage Finds

Here are some of my favorite vintage finds for the Month of August, 2010!  I plan on using the coffee table for a special project I'll share with you eventually... 
I just love everything about this blue birdcage, the shape, the roof, the color, the curled edges and the ball detailing.  It doesn't have a bottom, but that's okay because it's decorative potential is awesome!  Who could resist an old teal colored bowling ball? 
I found these two old cheese graters at the same yard sale for a quarter each.  I plan to keep them outside for awhile, to increase their rusty patina before I use them in a project.
I almost bought this mirror one Saturday, but put it back because of a chip on one corner.  Of course it haunted me until I went back and grabbed it.  Thank goodness it was still there, just waiting for me to come to my senses.
Do you remember "Dyeables"?  You used to be able to get these wonderful satin shoes dyed to perfectly match your prom, or bridesmaid dress.  They were actually made in the U.S.A.!
Last but not least, this wonderful vintage sled I found on a 90 degree day!  It's in excellent working condition for it's age, and I just love the memories it evokes.

2 comments:

  1. Yowza!! I love everything!! I gave my friend an old metal cheese grater a couple of weeks ago for her to make a project with. Can't wait to see what you do. The birdcage & BB ~ to die for!! And teal is one of my very fav colors!!! I think I'd kill for that sled too ;-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that you found a bowling ball to match your birdcage so beautifully! I agree, the birdcage has a delicate yet simple shape and the color is so pretty. I should start collecting those cheese graters to use as candle shades. They look so awesome at night with a flickering candle under them. I had a pair of shoes just like that in lavender. I can't wait to see what you do with the coffee table and sled. Wonderful finds!

    ReplyDelete