Sunday, November 21, 2010

Musical Background...

I've finally made a big step in the direction of my Steampunk Library Corner.  I emptied out my corner cupboard and gave it a facelift!
It was painted a solid dark brown, which works fine for my plans, but stuff tended to get lost in the shadows, unless it was light colored.  Since I'm going for a warmer, Victorian library look, I don't want to use a bunch of light tones.  Old sheet music seems to be just what I needed!  I used glaze intended for wall treatments instead of Mod Podge to decopauge the sheet music to the inside walls of my cupboard shelves.  I'm happy with the matte finish this provided.  The glaze is a bit thinner than Mod Podge, and seems to go further.  I tore the edges of the sheet music wherever the edges would be exposed.  Now I'm debating the look of the shelf edges.  Should I leave them as is...

Or go with a vintage lace edging?  Should I try a heavier type of lace?  More tacks?  No tacks?  Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I vote for thin lace trim with no tacks. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete