Saturday, September 25, 2010

Who knew chickens could crack nuts?

Actually, I doubt if any of my Girls could crack a walnut, but I know this can...
Isn't it wonderful??  I discoved this solid brass gem at a yard sale today for 50 cents!  I just love the rooster head, and besides, it's actually useful.  Even my hubby was impressed.  Despite being broke, I just can't seem to stop junking.  Luckily, junky treasures can still be had for very little money, if you're willing to put some effort into it, and I am! 
With Halloween on the horizon, I've got spooky decorating on the brain.  I've been looking at some of the wonderful "altered art" online, and have decided that I really need to make something along the lines of a shadow box/shrine/witchy display, using bits and pieces of junk.  Old, crusty, rusty, ragged, torn and tattered junk.  My favorite kind, so stay tuned, hopefully between now and Halloween, I'll have a finished spooky project or two, to share!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy~ thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog! I've enjoyed my visit to yours as well...I am a new follower! So nice to make a new blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete